Marlborough Junior Ancient Fife & Drum Corps
- Rehearsals are held routinely on Tuesday Nights from 6:30 to 8:30 at Marlborough Elementary School. Members will be notified if practice is relocated or cancelled.
- Attendance at all rehearsals and performances is expected. If you are unable to attend, you must notify a director.
- Members are expected to bring provided instruments and music to every rehearsal and be in formation and ready to play at 6:30 sharp.
- Everyone is expected to remain in the supervised area during rehearsal until picked up by parents after dismissal.
- Cell phones and other electronics are expected to be used sparingly during practice. They are permitted during breaks.
The annual membership fee is $40 per member or $30 each for families with multiple members.
Each member is responsible to care for his/her given uniform. Uniforms must be clean and in good condition for each performance.
Each member is responsible to care for his/her assigned equipment (fifes, drums, drum sticks, pads, music folders, flags, muskets, belts, ect..). Equipment must be kept clean and in good condition and stored in protective covering if available. Any loss or breakage must be reported to the director.
- Eat well and drink plenty of water before parades
- It is recommended to pack a lunch or a snack, bring a change of cloths and some spending money. On long trips we try to stop some place quick to eat.
- All members are expected to act like young adults and are responsible for maintaining behavior that is acceptable to others. This means treating others as you want to be treated.
- Older members are expected to assist younger or new members in any way possible at rehearsals and at performances.
- Teasing or taunting other members, malicious damage to the property of others, disrespect for adult chaperones, fighting, use of bad language, smoking, drinking of beer or alcoholic beverages ro use of drugs is ground for immediate dismissal from the Corps.
Parents and Corps members are urged to discuss any problems, questions, or difficulties as soon as they arise with the director.